The Pittsfield School District commits to the following principles and practices in support of our values, vision, and mission:
1. Creating an environment that supports the development of meaningful voice and choice for every student;
2. Enhancing each learner’s acquisition of knowledge and skills through learning that occurs anytime and anywhere;
3. Building motivation for learning through the establishment of strong partnerships;
4. Developing schools that demonstrate supportive relationships, academic relevance, and rigor through strong and mutually beneficial ties with the entire community;
5. Fulfilling post-secondary aspirations through high standards, high expectations, and high achievement, and
6. Expecting learners to demonstrate mastery of knowledge and skills through authentic assessment.